Here are five of our favourites. You can receive more fast and easy climate-loving ideas once you make the TAKE2 pledge, which brings us to the first of the faves…
1. Join TAKE2. It’s free and the more Victorians who join, the bigger the impact on climate change. Once you sign up by making the TAKE2 pledge, you’ll receive a personalised plan, based on your choices, to guide you to a more climate-friendly lifestyle.
2. Buy a keep cup. It’s estimated Australians use about 3 billion disposable coffee cups every year. And most can’t be recycled because of the plastic film inside the cardboard cup. Keep a reusable coffee cup handy and ask your favourite caffeine purveyor to fill ‘er up when the java craving hits.
3. Leave the car at home. The most climate-friendly way to get to work, school or anywhere is to walk or cycle. And when that’s not possible, take public transport. Easy!
4. Keep the heating at 18 to 20 degrees. 9 out of 10 of us live in draughty homes, which can be fixed through draught-proofing. Great idea, but not something you can do in two minutes. If you want to get warmer at home tonight, pop on some woolly socks, trackies and a hoodie. You’ll save money on your power bill as well as the planet.
5. Share this post with friends on social media. #TAKE2ForVic. A few stirring, inspirational words from you about fighting climate change by joining TAKE2 could also be very helpful!
Not so hard is it? We can all do at least one of TAKE2’s five fast ways for climate change this World Environment Day. Now you’ve assuaged any guilt, challenge yourself a little.
Make the TAKE2 pledge.
Together, we can make a difference. But we must act now. And what better time to do it than World Environment Day on June 5?
You might like to read these too: Top 5 quick switches for the climate
Save the planet, 2 minutes at a time