The HVAC&R industry has some key challenges at a local level, including skills and compliance issues, right through to the global stage, where extreme and disruptive weather events are increasingly prevalent. The need for greater energy efficiency and reduction in harmful emissions are a key imperative for government and industry.
AIRAH has consulted with industry leaders (via PRIME, Special Technical Groups (STGs), AIRAH conventions and division events). We have identified five key issues requiring AIRAH thought leadership. They are:
- Resilience – the ability for buildings to operate during, and to recover quickly from adverse events.
- Sustainability – building sustainability aligned to energy use and emissions reduction.
- Compliance – addressing undiscovered and discovered compliance issues across all elements of the supply chain.
- Transition to low global warming potential refrigerants – addressing the move to appropriate-level GWP refrigerants and the training needs of the industry.
- Innovation – leading the drive for continuous improvement through innovation and research.